Páginas

segunda-feira, 24 de outubro de 2011

Addicted to the Conga

I'm pretty sure the Bongo and Congo are two of my favorite instruments, maybe because they always seem to be playing really interesting rhythms. And I'm a drummer by heart. So first are two songs by one of my favorite Latin artists, Sergent Garcia, who technically is French but plays a blend of Reggae, Salsa, and Cuban rhythms. He did release a killer Cumbia album in 2009, though.

Yo Me Voy Pa' la Cumbia - Sergent Garcia off Cumbiamuffin EP (2009)

and
Amor Pa' Mi - Sergent Garcia off Cumbiamuffin EP (2009)


And one of my favorite songs from Buena Vista Social Club.
El Cuarto de Tula - Buena Vista Social Club (1997)


Here's is a jam that makes it hard not to dance, it really kills those polyrhythms. Solo is a UK-based producer that really sounds like he should be from Portugal. I'm gonna go ahead and say those are electronically-modified congas...

Joga Bola - Solo (2009)


As a bonus, here's a recent hit by Laidback Luke and Gina Turner, released under the moniker Nouveau Yorican. Give it until the second drop, it only gets better.

Chiuso - Nouveau Yorican (2011)


Goddamn do I love that latin-influenced house.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário