Páginas

segunda-feira, 21 de novembro de 2011

R&B Break

Any time of day is appropriate for these songs. Morning, night, late night (wink wink) or whenever else you might have a hankering to listen to a song. I adore soul-ish/old R&B, something about people singing well pulls at the heart strings. Anyway, this isn't your typical R&B or soul - it's an eclectic mix of semi-related jams.

Feeling Good (Cover of Nina Simone) - My Brightest Diamond


My Brightest Diamond is a project led by British singer-songwriter Shara Warden. Her voice reminds me a little of Ellie Goulding, maybe that's why I'm hooked. This cover really does justice to the original, and that's saying a lot.

Tim Maia - Imunização Racional (Que Beleza) off Racional, Vol. 2 (1976)


Tim Maia - Imunização Racional (Que Beleza) off Racional, Vol. 1 (1975)


Tim Maia is considered by some the father of Brasilian soul. I believe it, this song is rapidly becoming one of my favorites ever. Both versions above are recorded by him; the first is funkier and the second leans a bit more to the soul side.

We Almost Lost Detroit - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.


Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. is a Detroit-based indie band. This isn't strictly R&B, but it's a cover of Gil Scott-Heron and it's really good so I wanted to include it.

Sometimes (Remix) feat. the Brand New Heavies - J Dilla


And last, I found this because I've been on a Dilla kick recently. So yeah. The beat is hot, the singing is hotter.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário